Junior & Senior Division Tryouts – Sunday February 10, 2013
WHEN and WHERE:
- Juniors (13-14 year old): Sunday February 10, 2013 at Pier 40 beginning at 9:30 am.
- Seniors (15-16 year old): Sunday February 10, 2013 at Pier 40 beginning at 1:30 pm.
WHO: All registered players must try out (including those who played in Juniors or Seniors last Spring). If you are unable to attend the tryouts for any reason (including illness or injury) you must notify the Division Coordinator, ART HENKEL, in advance (917-716-7405).
ON-SITE REGISTRATION: On-site registration is not available. On-line registration remains open but late fees will apply after January 31st. Players who are not registered cannot try out. If you have registered after January 31st please bring proof of registration.
TRYOUT PURPOSE: Tryouts are designed to create team balance — all registrants will be assigned to one of our teams so long as they try out. (See make-ups below.)
PRE-TRYOUT WORKOUTS: In order to prepare for the tryouts it is strongly suggested that registered players attend one or more of the remaining scheduled workouts at the Pier 40 batting cages. The workout dates for Juniors and Seniors are listed below:
- Sunday January 27: 1:30PM to 4:30PM
- Saturday February 2: 9AM to noon
- Saturday February 9: 9AM to 1PM
For insurance reasons players who have not registered cannot participate in these workouts.
BATCHED TRYOUT SCHEDULE:
- Pitchers and catchers only arrive at 9:30 am. In addition to being rated as a pitcher and/or a catcher, you will also be graded on hitting and fielding. You do not have to return later that morning to try out with the position players.
- Position players with last names from A to L arrive at 10:45 am.
- Position players with last names from M to Z arrive at 11:45 am. Tryouts end at 12:45 pm.
- Pitchers and catchers only arrive at 1:30 pm. In addition to being rated as a pitcher and/or a catcher, you will also be graded on hitting and fielding. You do not have to return later that morning to try out with the position players.
- Position players with last names from A to L arrive at 2:15 pm.
- Position players with last names from M to Z arrive at 2:45 pm. Tryouts end at 3:45 pm.
SUNDAY MAKE-UPS: If you cannot make your assigned time slot, you may come at another time slot Sunday morning or afternoon. If you are not attending the tryout during your the rest of your Division, (ie, Juniors in the morning, Seniors in the afternoon) it will be noted and you will be rated accordingly.
WEEKDAY MAKE-UP: There will be a make-up tryout on Tuesday, February 12 at Pier 40 starting at 6:00 pm and ending at 7:45 pm. The amount of time available on Tuesday evening is limited so you are strongly urged to attend the Sunday tryouts since there will be more time for the coaches to evaluate you. For scheduling reasons requests to attend the weekday make-up tryout must be made in advance of February 12.
- Players trying out for catcher must wear a cup and all others should wear them.
- You may bring your own catchers gear, but we will have catchers gear available.
- All players should bring their own mitts and batting gloves.
- Bats are available but you can bring your own if you want. Remember that Juniors use wood bats throughout the season but metal bats can be used at the tryouts.
QUESTIONS: Please contact the Division Coordinator Art Henkel at 917-716-7405.